Why will Airbnb be essential in travel reopening?
At the beginning of the year, Airbnb released a report based on the survey made to a panel of Americans on travel in 2021. The research shows that travel is the activity Americans missed the most during the pandemic. What’s more, the study revealed that a majority of the respondents are ready to travel again.
The answers revealed s is that the first trips after the reopening of travel will be to connect with family and friends, that the pandemic has made feel more distant. According to the report, the priority is to spend time with loved ones in comfortable and secure settings.
The great news for the travel industry is that the majority is ready to travel again. In particular, 54% have either already booked, are currently planning to travel, or expect to travel in 2021. This includes 57% of 18- to 29-year-olds and 60% of 30- to 49-year-olds.
The study relates to the American market and unfortunately, Airbnb hasn’t released one for Europe yet. However, we are confident Europeans travellers share similar feelings.
As we already observed in our article about travel in summer 2020 according to Airbnb, the OTA will play a major role in the next reopening.
Why should you list your property on Airbnb?
If you are not yet present on Airbnb, here are three reasons why you should:
- Traffic to Airbnb globally is 90% organic and unpaid. This allows you to have access to incremental bookings and a new audience.
- Airbnb is redefining travel in ‘21. Airbnb was the most searched portal for vacation rentals worldwide on Google in the last 12 months. This will let you to capture new travel needs around living, working and connecting safely away from home.
- Airbnb charges only 15% commission on each booking. The OTA doesn’t require any sign-up fees, credit card costs or signing offline contracts to advertise your properties.
How to connect to Airbnb?
RoomCloud is an Airbnb Preferred Software Partner. This guarantees your property the best level of connection.
Getting started is simple!
- Open a ticket to RoomCloud Support to confirm enabling the connection.
- Create an Airbnb business account here and select RoomCloud as channel manager.