What is Airbnb’s simplified pricing and what’s changing?
What do you have to do?
- Check your prices. As the cost of the service that Airbnb will take away from your fee will be higher, you should change the prices from the channel manager. This way you can make sure your earnings don’t change. But remember to stay competitive! Hosts who switched to simplified pricing with competitive pricing received an average of 17% more bookings *.
- Add your VAT number. To prepare for this change, make sure you have added your VAT information. This is to make sure Airbnb does not withhold VAT on your Airbnb host costs.
* Average increase in Europe between November 2019 and February 2020 following the use of Airbnb simplified pricing. Actual results may vary by host.
How to change the prices?
- The new rate structure will apply to all bookings made starting from 7 December 2020 at 02.00 CEST. Wait until before this time to make any changes.
- Use RoomCloud to check prices on all the platforms you use.
- On December 7 (or earlier if the switch happens earlier), check that your prices are what you want. You can do a test search for the same dates on the various platforms you use. For example, compare the prices for a stay from December 20th to December 23rd to make sure they are still aligned.
- Finally, remember that price differences may be due to other factors, such as discounts and promotions.
How to update the prices in RoomCloud?
Find the instructions for changing the rates here.
Can a host switch to simplified pricing before December 7, 2020?
You can do this right now, to make the transition smoother and update your prices before the switch. By doing this, you will be able to access the benefits of greater control over your prices earlier. For example, better visibility of guests, as well as more competitive prices. To switch immediately to the simplified price, click here.